- Biosecurity measures are designed to protect crops from pests, diseases and weeds.
- International and domestic border controls provide a first line of defence that give
growers time to prepare their on-farm control measures.
- Biosecurity measures will improve the opportunity for an industry to retain market
access in the event of a pest or disease outbreak.
- Experience shows that good levels of farm hygiene are needed to prevent the
introduction, spread and impact of serious plant pests, diseases and weeds.
- Prevention is better than cure
- ASSESS the risks and consequences
- DECIDE your values and WRITE them down
- NOTIFY contractors and visitors
- SIGNS will remind visitors of YOUR
No. 34 download pdf 302kb