- Date: –
- Venue: Victorian Cricket Club
- Categories: Gippsland, Nation Wide, Northern, South Eastern, State Wide, Western
E.E. Muir & Sons & AUSVEG VIC Awards for Excellence Dinner 2021
- E.E. Muir & Sons Grower of the Year Award
- VISY Young Grower of the Year Award
- Boomaroo Nurseries Women in Horticulture Award
- Butler Market Gardens Environmental & Sustainability Award
- VegNET Victoria R&D Adoption and Industry Impact Award
- Elders Community Stewardship Award
E.E. MUIR & SONS GROWER OF THE YEAR AWARD
- A vegetable or potato grower/business who is outstanding across all aspects of production, including; growing, environmental management, staff management and product quality.
- A grower/business who is innovative, challenges convention and implements efficient practices (such as integrated pest management, minimising wastage, water conservation, precision agriculture, technology advances, and value-adding to product).
- A grower/business who actively contributes to the broader industry (such as participating in international R&D tours, industry committees, forums, conferences or field days).
VISY YOUNG GROWER OF THE YEAR AWARD
2019 Young Grower of the Year Award winner – Carl Young (Redgold)
- A vegetable or potato grower who champions the success of the industry and shows a commitment to innovation, helping to define the next generations of growers.
- A future leader who demonstrates a high level of commitment to the industry and helps to enrich the community in which they operate as well as working with external stakeholders to introduce new perspectives.
- A grower who understands and practices sustainable practices and is committed to enhancing agriculture and the land.
BOOMAROO NURSERIES WOMEN IN HORTICULTURE AWARD
A female industry member who has demonstrated outstanding ability and success in their chosen field, whether it is growing, research and development, farm management, or otherwise.
An individual who is pro-active and has shown commitment to achieving success in the industry.
An individual who has a reputation for mentoring women in horticulture.
BUTLER MARKET GARDENS ENVIRONMENTAL & SUSTAINABILITY AWARD
An individual or business who has demonstrated a commitment to implement sustainable farming practices on-farm or across the supply-chain.
An individual or business who has shown leadership in promoting sustainable practices within the industry.
An individual or business who has developed an innovative solution to meet an environmental challenge on-farm.
An individual or business who has shown leadership in promoting environmental issues in the local and wider community.
VegNET Victoria R&D ADOPTION AND INDUSTRY IMPACT AWARD
A vegetable grower who has demonstrated a commitment to industry funded research and development (R&D) projects.
A grower who has hosted field trials, demonstration sites or events or contributed to a Project Reference Group for the benefit of the broader vegetable industry. A grower who has changed practice or adopted new technology on- farm because of being involved in a levy funded R&D project.
An individual or business that has invested in creating or has implemented a system of technology or business practice outside of the industry norm.
The technology or practice has resulted in a significant contribution to best farm practice or in cost savings through the value chain.
A grower who is perceived by the industry and their peers as a leader and influencer to improve the productivity, profitability and sustainability of the vegetable industry beyond their individual business.
ELDERS COMMUNITY STEWARDSHIP AWARD
2019 Community Stewardship Award winner – Karl Riedel (KR Consulting)
An individual or business that is proactive in developing and/or implementing a system or program of safe storage and use of on-farm materials above and beyond industry standards.
An individual or business that engages in local or national community events/initiatives with the objective of developing wider industry.
An individual or business that demonstrates the responsible planning and management of resources, leading to beneficial environmental impacts.