Extension projects to grow Victorian vegetable businesses
The VegNET projects provide research and development (R&D) extension services, products and communication to the Victorian vegetable industry.
Want to grow your business?
- Farm productivity: Marketable yield, pest and disease management, biosecurity
- Resource use: Water, soil, nutrients, waste
- Business management: Profitability, cost of production, labour savings
- Markets & consumers: Post harvest management, value adding, consumer intelligence
- Technology: Equipment, precision farming, robotics
Research to practice solutions
Workshops, grower groups, webinars, one-on-one farm visits
Keeping you informed
Fact sheets, technical notes, case studies, communications (e-newsletters, website, social media, local newspapers, SMS alerts)
The projects are delivered in the South-East, West and Northern regions of Victoria by RMCG, and in Gippsland by the East Gippsland Food Cluster. They will operate from 2016 to 2019 as part of the National Vegetable Extension Network (VegNET).
The Victorian VegNET projects have been funded by Hort Innovation using the vegetable research and development levy and funds from the Australian Government. For more information on the fund and strategic levy investment visit horticulture.com.au.